How graphic designers can make cash with Merch by Amazon

June 21, 2021 | Carver Stephen | Online Courses

How graphic designers can make cash with Merch by Amazon

I have something huge in store for you. If I were to tell you that you can make money from a single design. Will you believe that? Yeah, such a thing exists and now it’s happening at Merch by Amazon. If you are a graphic designer looking for opportunities to make extra cash, this is perfect for you. Let’s dig deep and find out how is this possible. 

Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

What is Merch by Amazon?

Merch by Amazon is an Amazon t-shirt printing service. Graphic tees are already in fashion and they are also gender-neutral. This is a platform for artists and designers to show their creativity. The designers create a design and submit it to Merch by Amazon. Amazon looks after the rest. Amazon prints the design onto t-shirts, sells it and then ships it across the world. For every t-shirt someone will buy, you will be rewarded with cash. So yeah, one awesome design can give you plenty of extra cash

What is <strong>Merch</strong> by <strong>Amazon</strong>
What is Merch by Amazon

What kind of designs should you make?

Remember, if many people will order your designed t-shirt, you will get more money. Therefore, you must design something which is in demand. Recall the time when Game of Thrones was ongoing and everyone wanted Khaleesi printed on their t-shirts. Similarly, you can create designs inspired by games like Minecraft and CS Go, etc. The point is, you should design something with a huge fan base. Make your designs stand out and unique.

What Kind of Designs Should You Make
What Kind of Designs Should You Make

How can you use Merch by Amazon?

Merch by Amazon is very easy to use. In a few simple steps, you can increase your earnings through this platform.


Use your graphic design skills to create the best design. It can be a famous game logo, an artwork, or an icon. Once you are done, then the real task begins.

Create your t-shirt

After your design is complete, go to Merch by Amazon dashboard and upload your finished artwork. You can decide the placement of the artwork on the shirt. 

Create Your T-Shirt
Create Your T-Shirt

Name your price

Now comes the main thing, you can name the price of your shirt. You must make it affordable so that many people can buy it easily. Merch by Amazon royalties depends on the number of shirts being sold. For every shirt, you will get a royalty based on the Amazon royalty calculator. For example, if you name the price as $20, Amazon will deduct almost 60% as cost and listing fee and the rest will be your royalty. You will get 40% off each shirt. It is a good deal because you will be done with the work but still be earning through it, even months later.

Create your account

Next, you need to create an account on Amazon. You must enter your details and set a password. Now, Amazon will approve your design. Sometimes, amazon rejects the designs because it is a high-standard marketplace that values quality content. You can increase your chances of acceptance by watching graphic design tutorials and polishing your skills. Amazon does not entertain any design with hate speech, violence, pornographic content, profanity, and Nazism. It is better to avoid such things. Moreover, you should also avoid stealing other people’s designs as it will be an issue of copyright.

Promote your t-shirt

When your design is approved, it’s time for you to promote your t-shirt. You can share links on social media platforms. You can ask your friends to promote your product. This is how you make money through merch by Amazon. Furthermore, merch by amazon products is not only limited to t-shirts. You can print hoodies, caps, crop tops, and crop hoodies as well.


Look at the following,

Pros of Merch by Amazon:

  • You get money from a single design.
  • It is a trustworthy website, you will get your fair share.
  • Amazon takes care of every process.

Cons of Merch by Amazon:

  • There is no con, you made no investments and have nothing to lose.

Merch by Amazon is indeed a good platform to earn extra cash. However, you need to have skilled-level graphic design training because they don’t entertain amateurs. Focus on your skills so that your designs can be accepted. Then, you’ll be earning cash in no time. 

Cons of <strong>Merch</strong> by <strong>Amazon</strong>
Cons of Merch by Amazon